The Company’s greatest treasure is Armoury House itself, a Grade II*-listed building. Its central block was completed in 1735 and replaced an earlier armoury. Additional collections can be found inside Armoury House, as detailed below.
The Company began to acquire its fine collection of silver in the nineteenth century, mostly from shooting and other military competitions, and the collection expanded significantly in the twentieth century from commemorative pieces acquired after the First World War.
Portraits of notable HAC members, along with depictions of HAC units and events in the Company’s history are displayed throughout Armoury House.
Housed in the Medal Room, the Company’s collection totals over 400 sets of medals, including those for our Victoria Cross recipients. The vast majority of medals were donated by members and their families.
Numerous other historical, military and artistic artefacts are located on the grounds, including artillery, archery way-markers and the Company bell. Visit our Traditions pages for further examples, such as the Vellum Book and Colours.
Our small, private museum for members and their guests provides a summary account of the history of the HAC. Opened in 2011 by HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh, it includes the finest examples of the Company’s collections of uniforms, weapons and other artefacts as well as items from the HAC’s archives.