Estate and Treasures
The HAC owns property in the London Borough of Islington and also a training area in Wales.
The London Estate, comprising some six acres, has been occupied by the HAC since 1641 and includes Armoury House, the Artillery Garden, Finsbury Barracks and additional buildings. The property is bounded by Bunhill Fields Burial Ground to the north, Chiswell Street to the south, Bunhill Row to the west and City Road and Finsbury Square to the east. The central block of Armoury House, the home of the HAC, was completed in 1735, with further improvements added later. It is a Grade-II* listed building.
The Pencelli Estate, located in Wales, was acquired by the Company in 1999.
The Company has a collection of treasures and a selection of these are exhibited in the small private museum at Armoury House, with additional objects and paintings on display throughout the main rooms. The Company’s collection of medals are housed in the dedicated Medal Room.