Visitors to the HAC should be aware that from 15 January 2022 until mid-May 2022, a section of the Northern Line of the London Underground network will be closed as part of planned upgrades. Furthermore, other stations on the line will have reduced service. Specifically:
- Bank, London Bridge, Borough and Elephant & Castle stations will have no Northern Line service
- Moorgate and Camden Town will have a reduced service on the Northern Line
This section of the Northern Line provides a popular transport route to Armoury House as we are located close to Moorgate station, with many visitors using the interchanges at Bank and London Bridge stations when travelling from further afield. If you use Moorgate, it is likely that this planned closure will affect your journey to the HAC and you should plan ahead accordingly.
- Transport for London (TfL) will be running more frequent services on other train and tube lines.
- Existing bus routes between London Bridge and Old Street stations (via Bank/the City) include routes 141, 43 and 21. These run parallel to the closed section of the Northern Line.
- A new temporary bus route, number 733, will run from Oval, via the City and terminate at Finsbury Square which is just a minute’s walk from Armoury House.
Please note, however, that TfL expect all routes to be busier than usual during the Northern Line closure, so please do factor this into your travel timings and route planning.
Full details of the closure can be found on TfL’s website: tfl.gov.uk/status-updates/major-works-and-events/northern-line-closure.
If you are a member of the HAC and need further guidance, please contact the Company Office.
If you are enquiring about venue hire and need further guidance, please contact our Events Team directly.